It’s not Welcome Back quite yet, but I do pray this update finds you well and enjoying your summer vacation.
I wanted to write to you all to let you know about decisions that were made at the Board Meeting this past Monday night that are really exciting. This will be Covenant’s 36 years of “Educating Students for Christ” and our commitment to you will never change.
SAFETY- your child’s safety always comes FIRST.
1. Our credentialed Christian teachers are committed to your children’s academic, spiritual, physical and social growth.
2. When your children are at CCS you can feel relaxed knowing that they are in a nurturing, secure and safe environment with dedicated, qualified credentialed teachers.
3. Since all of CCS’s classes are limited in size, your children will not just be a number. They will get the individual attention needed to stay on pace, with academic readiness for grade level next year.
4. Our Academic Coaching Program allows students to receive one-on-one coaching to learn academic skills to succeed in and out of the classroom.
5. We will continue with our Spanish, visual arts, and music classes as well as our After-school Athletic Programs (although not available at this moment, but plan to launch them as soon as safely possible). In addition to writing lab, and study hall for our Middle school students.
6. Before and After School Care is available Monday – Friday.
Attached is the CCS Campus Open Guidelines approved by our CCS School Board. CCS plans to open their campus to on site classes September 8. This will allow us to have more time to see what other schools are doing both positively and negatively, to see a continued (as of this date) decline in COVID and to better prepare our campus for September 8. The partial list below reflects additional changes that didn’t make the CCS Campus Open Guidelines (attached) yet, but will possibly be in effect. We will keep you up to speed weekly on changes and additions as we get prepared for September 8.
- Daily PE- to get outside/fresh air/exercise.
- AM Recess / PM Recess – to get outside/fresh air.
- Split lunch times- K-2,3-5,6-8.
- Schedule every grade outside one (1) period a day (this may be a PE time).
- Split Chapels K-4/5-8 (Sanctuary or Gym). Different days.
We are here for you if you need to check in or have questions. I would be more than happy to chat with you.